Saturday, June 18, 2005

What's Wang This Week

I just saw Spoon in concert, it was hot. Every time I'm at the Commodore, I dream about playing the Commodore. Maybe I should avoid the Commodore, since it usually makes me daydream for months while I should be doing stuff other than daydreaming, like, for example, becoming good enough at music to warrant playing the Commodore.

I have homework: not hot. The summer school is already half over and I feel like I've learned a tonne already, but I guess I'll have to learn another tonne. I may have to re-evaluate the things that I keep in my head, and give some of them up to make room. I may have to forget some of your names, I'm very sorry.

Work is interesting and it's making me hustle. The postdoc who's working with Dr. Slade and me is a nice guy who is also very bright, knows a whole bunch on the topic, and it's clear to me that he could do (and is doing) all of the work I've done, only in a smarter and faster manner. Basically, I am getting served. In other work news, Dr. Slade told me to call him Gord. I continue to move on up.

I'm writing this on a computer that's 9 years old and it's running faster than my computer. Something is definitely screwy; I fear the big reformat is nigh. I've never done this before, does anyone have any advice for me? Do I need to wear protective eyegear or anything?

Current Music: Spoon - Everything Hits at Once

10 comments:

jim said...

Who the hell would want to be called Gord instead of Dr. Slade?

Gord sounds like the type of person who should be pumping gas next to Dunning.
Dr. Slade sounds like the type of person who might attempt to develop some sort of doomsday device.

Which would you rather be?

aShelteredTown said...

He speaks the truth there. Dr. Slade has much more of a ring than "Gord".

Anonymous said...

I prefer Gord. Sure, anybody called Dr. Slade can be smart and do impressive shit with numbers. But how many Gords can say the same thing? Not many, and goshdarnit that makes Gord special.

--VG

Jowen said...

Maybe Gord just wants to get in your pants.

Dickolas Wang said...

If only his name were Slade Gordon, or Slade Gorton.

G said...

Spoon. One of my favourite things to do with you.

Anonymous said...

interesting~
good luck on teh work~

Dickolas Wang said...

P.S. That's Dr. Slade to you hobos.

Anonymous said...

My girlfriend's dad is Dr. Pepper.

jim said...

My grandfather is Dr. Pepper