Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Oh no, the CHINAMEN

I stumbled upon an Indian buffet at lunchtime today on my way to some promising-looking Chinese/Thai places on Dundas. After a short deliberation period I changed my plans and sat down for some buffet. I was consciously not piling my plates too high, so as to not appear gauche (I was clearly the youngest, poorest, and least classy person in the place), but also so I wouldn't be too full for a third plate before dessert.

By the end of my second though, I was already getting full -- shameful for an experienced all-you-can-eater like myself. Defeated, I decided to just get dessert, and then be on my way. At the same time, a big party was forming around me that took up five tables. I offered my waiter to move tables so he could move them closer together.

He just looked at me and said, "You're not done yet?"

I left with a little swagger in my step.

1 comment:

G said...

I don't think I can eat as much as I could. I don't know why.