Monday, May 29, 2006

New template

Thanks to Steve, I have a new template. The old one, while nice, was just a stock Blogger template that I threw more and more hacks onto, and it didn't really work on IE either. This one was built from the ground up by Steve to my specifications, and is much cleaner and better suited to the way I like to make changes.

This is his return gift for the theme song I wrote for stevekwan.com. He very patiently spent numerous hours listening while I kept asking him to tweak things and then change them back. I feel a little bad because he spent a good amount of time on it, while the theme song took about 45 minutes total.

I guess I better record a better quality version of it. It's the least I can do.

Current Music: Marvin Gaye - What's Going On

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A few things I noticed about the template:

When you're past the first page, the "I, Dickolas Wang" text turns into a link that's a tad hard to read.

The "I bowled a forty-three once" text doesn't get indented properly in IE. In fact, in Firefox your About information doesn't get indented at all.

Anonymous said...

Actually, all the fonts are bigger in IE for some reason.

Dickolas Wang said...

That's my fault.

Anonymous said...

At first I wasn't a bit fan of the blue stuff either, but the more I see it the more I like it. Good decision, Richard.

Jowen said...

I only see one minor flaw with the new template. When I'm reading one of Dickolas' post by going to a URL (like this http://dickolaswang.blogspot.com/2006/05/new-template.html),
the number of comments isn't displayed. So I have to scroll all the way down to see if there is a newer comment. Whereas with a page like this http://lugsdotcom.blogspot.com/2006/05/long-time-ago-in-galaxy-far-far-away.html, I can see right away that there are x number of comments, and if that number is the same as the last time I visited, I save myself precious milliseconds by not having to scroll to the bottom.