Tuesday, April 11, 2006

SLOOOO-OOOOO-OOOAN

Jim pointed out to me yesterday that I neglected to mention Sloan among the bands that represent Canada to me. This is borderline inexcusable, as Sloan is my favourite Canadian band ever. I recently ripped all seven of their albums so I could put them on my iPod and I can't stop listening to One Chord To Another, Twice Removed, and Navy Blues. I decided to look on YouTube for some videos.

I wasn't disappointed. Take a look at this:



What a great song that was. I remember seeing it all the time on MuchMusic. It feels like it was yesterday.



















Well, it wasn't.

It was ten years ago.


























TEN FUCKING YEARS AGO.

Current Music: Sloan - The Lines You Amend

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that, I enjoyed it (seriously).

Sloan was one of those "love at first sight" bands for me. I was watching MuchMusic and The Good in Everyone came on and I was just glued to the tv screen in awe. Many years later when I finally saw Sloan perform live for the first time, they played that song, and suddenly I felt like I was 13 again.

Sigur Ros and Jamiroquai were two other bands that struck me the very first time I heard them.

G said...

Sloan.... Who?!?