Friday, November 20, 2009

The creative process

8PM
decide that it's been too long, and set down to write a song


9PM
after an hour of being too lazy to open a text editor to brainstorm, decide to record an old song that I'd never actually recorded


9:05PM
realize that not only had it never been recorded, it had never actually been played anywhere outside of my mind, so set down to play the song


9:15PM
after futzing around with the bass part, realize that I don't have the lyrics memorized and set out to write them down


9:30PM
open that text editor


9:45PM
after remembering a grand total of two lines, start rifling through old backed-up files from my old Linux partition in search of the lyrics


10:15PM
continue rifling through old backed-up files, this time from my old Windows partition. They've got to be here somewhere


10:30PM
try using Spotlight to find it by typing in the few lyrics I remember. Find a link which once pointed to the file, but now points to nothing


11:30PM
time for Conan


12AM
set it down for tomorrow and pat myself on the back for a productive and creative evening


Current Music: something that is not my song

No comments: