Thursday, October 06, 2005

Delayed Reaction: Colbert and Carell

I actually remember watching this sketch of waiters who are nauseated by food when I was a kid. It was one of the less subtle sketches on the Dana Carvey Show, so it made a decent impression on my 11-year-old self. Little did I know that the waiters in question are none other than Stephen Colbert and Steve Carell.

Bonus link-dump! I actually laughed out loud when I saw Mike Myers' first meeting with Kanye West post-telethon. And I thought, "Hey, I should Google this". But lo and behold, the good folks of GorillaMask.net saved me the trouble.

Speaking of Colbert, I should mention that if I could have been anywhere in the world today, it would have been GM Place. Instead I was stuck with a webcast of CKNW's game broadcast. On the plus side, I get to watch the Colbert Réport, which may or may not displace Everybody Loves Raymond from the Comedy Network's post-Daily Show spot. Seeing as they aren't showing The Adam Carolla Project, I have my doubts.

On the minus side, I am able to watch the Adam Carolla Project on TV, which to my knowledge the Comedy Network has spared you. By now many of you will have seen this video of Steve-O on the Adam Carolla Project (find "Sloshed Steve-O"; thanks Jim; bonus bonus link-dump!). As I watched it, I was mostly struck by how no one was laughing, and that's easily the funniest thing that I've seen on that show yet.

Current Music: Kanye West - Late Registration

7 comments:

Divyesh said...

I'm sure you got a good broadcast from CKNW. The game was awesome and the stadium was filled with loud fans.

Get comcast if you can, they'll be broadcasting games online in the US.

Dickolas Wang said...

Yeah, hopefully they get some Canucks games on there. Yesterday the Rangers and Flyers were on TV. Fuck that shit.

Stevie K said...

While you were watching the Canucks game, I was in class.

G said...

That last link - not funny.

Dickolas Wang said...

No, it wasn't. It's not a funny show.

On the other hand, the word verification is "eurpeepl".

rachel said...

It's 4am. I wanna plauy flags! Fuck, I can't spell play without great effort. Or spell anything for that matter.

Dickolas Wang said...

Have eurpeepl call mypeepl and we'll organize a game.